To have a Web page it is necessary to select both our hosting and our domain. Let’s start by understanding what both are:
What is a hosting or accommodation?
A hosting is a space that we rent on a computer and that will keep all the files necessary for users to see our website.
What is a domain?
A domain is the address of our website (for example seosve.com ).
When it comes to finding the perfect domain for our website, we must take into account our brand and some reference keyword . For example, if we have a shoe store called Paco our domain could be zapateriapaco.com .
But sometimes the domains have already been “rented” by other companies so we can choose other similar options. Continuing with the previous example:
zapateriapaco.es (as long as our market is in Spain)
It is recommended that the domains are not excessively long and reflect the name or the activity of the brand if possible.
Hosting selection: find the right company
Once we have decided which is our domain, we will have to find a company that provides hosting and domain services, to which we will pay monthly, annually or even every several years. There are different ranges of prices and services, but from seosve we recommend that you take into account above all these points:
- That the company has a technical telephone service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Try to make sure the phone is from Spain and not a 900 or other pay phones. If the company does not have this service and you have problems with your website, you will have to manage everything by tickets or by email, and telephone service is usually much faster in these cases. Prevention is better than cure.
- Try that the company has the servers in Spain if you have an SEO strategy for this country. If it is in Europe we do not think it is a problem, but if it is in Asian countries it could slightly lower your positions in keywords.
- That it has a simple and clear control panel, where the latest versions of the CMS can be installed with one click. In this way, if you are not programmers or experts in the field, you can install and manage your website yourself. If the latest versions can also be installed without problems, this means that they have their machines up to date and you will have 0 compatibility problems.
- Have scalable services. That is, if your project grows you can hire superior services, such as dedicated hosting (we will explain later).
- That it has a test platform, preferably free. If you do not have much experience in configuring your website, we consider this an advantage, since you can mount your project online and then publish it without having to install anything locally.
- Shared Hosting
It is the most basic of all and usually the best price. If the project is new and you are starting it is advisable to start with this. It is called shared because on the same computer there will be other websites besides yours.
hosting Dedicated hosting is a server that is not shared with other websites, so it is recommended for projects with many visits that will consume many resources. If your website receives many visits, this is the recommended service.
- VPS Hosting
It would be an intermediate solution. Our website would be on a computer with several websites, but we would have some services only for our website such as RAM and disk space.
- Cloud Hosting
Cloud hosting allows multiple servers to act as a single system.
The security of a website hosted in the “cloud” is ensured by many servers instead of just one.